Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 16, 2011

All it took was a riot...

photo courtesy of Canucks fans against the 2011 Vancouver Riots facebook group


and here we are. Right where I left off over two years ago.

What the fuck is wrong with people? I know everyone is sick of hearing about it and talking about it, but (shockingly, I know), I'm still all riled up.

I had to turn my radio off this morning because the more I heard, the angrier I got. And with all my "real life" friends and family sick of listening to me, I decided to turn back to ya'll.

I think the thing I heard that made me most angry was a reporter on CKNW last night kept referring to the rioters as "protesters". What the fuck were these asshats protesting (and ? They came downtown with backpacks full of rocks and wearing goggles. AND THIS WAS BEFORE THE GAME EVEN STARTED!

This is my fav article about what happened last night, by the great Gary Mason

And please, if you can identify any of the degenerates involved last night, please do.

I'd honestly turn my own kid in if I knew he was involved (luckily he's only a toddler so I have a few years before I have to do anything like that)

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that too Sarah, calling them protesters was way off. I guess the reporter was probably not thinking through their vocabulary too well. Even Tony Parsons was fumbling a few times. Overall I thought the riot coverage was great, esp. on CBC where it fell right in their lap!

    ReplyDelete