Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 11, 2011

the problem...

with parenting, is it seems to suck the creativity out of you. Or maybe it just sucks the life out of you, which makes it seems like you have no creativity. Either way, I'm blaming my lack of posts on my son.

I took him on a 10 day vacation without my husband. And although I was with my dad (who was extremely helpful), I couldn't just yell and tell him it was his turn and take a break. Therefore, I spent basically 10 whole days with a toddler attached to me. And while he is clearly my favourite little boy on earth, who I love more than life itself...more than once on our trip, I was certain I had spawned the devil.

It turns out, when he's tired, he gets a little loony. He bites, he hits, he runs away, and he throws things. Not in anger, but more like just for something to do.

Our 10 day trip also included my little darling and I bunking together, as we were sharing hotel rooms with my dad. So clearly, when we got home, he thought this was grand and should just continue to sleep with his mommy.

Turns out, sleeping with a 2 year old kinda sucks. And while I did sleep with him a lot before we left, he at least always started out in his own bed.

So now we're home, and I'm hell bent on getting him in his own bed. The first night he got up at 11, 11:30, 1, 3 and 4. The second night I decided not only would he sleep in his own bed, but he would also go to sleep without me lying down with him. He got up 29 times before he finally fell asleep in a fit of exhausted rage. I should also add here, that I also cut him off his before bed bottle while we were away, because I broke the one and only bottle I brought for him while we were in the middle of no where Saskatchewan

So last night, I put him down and he only got up once before he fell asleep! Then again, at 11:30, 3 and 5.

So the point of all this was a very lengthy excuse as to why I haven't been blogging. Hopefully over the next few days I'll get some more sleep. I'm sort of looking forward to it as I haven't slept through the night since 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment